Postdoctoral position / MEDI-16105
- Molecular Biology, Neurobiology, Physiology
- Medizinische Universität Innsbruck/Sektion für Physiologie
Postdoctoral position/DIVISION OF PHYSIOLOGY Innsbruck/Austria
A position for a postdoctoral fellow/junior group leader is immediately available at the Division of Physiology, Medical University.
We offer a fully established lab with state of the art equipment, supportive working atmosphere and inspiring scientific environment. Furthermore, support for career development and acquisition of external funding.
Minimum qualifications/Essential Functions:
- PhD/MD or similar advanced degree
- Proven ability to plan and carry out the experiments independently
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Interactive and qualified team-player
- Strong background in molecular biology, experience in neurobiology and physiology
The applicant also established expertise in the area of qPCR, cloning, optogenetics, heterologous gene expression, in situ hybridization, viral vectors, non-coding RNAs, CRISPR-CAS technology and interest or experience in bioinformatics analysis of complex data sets, molecular cloning (Adeno-, AAV- and lentiviral vectors), Luciferase-Assays, FISH or cognitive testing.
Salary will be paid according to the regulations of the Medical University of Innsbruck (‚Kollektivvertrag‘). Grade: B1, GH3 (€ 3.626,60)
MUI places strong emphasis on gender quality and seeks to increase the proportional representation of women in this field. Thus applications from female scientists are welcome; suitably qualified women will be given preferential.
How to apply:
Please send your application including
- a motivation letter and full CV
- list of publications
- statement of applicant's past/references
- current research experience (max 2 pages)
- academic certificate
Inquiries should be addressed electronically via email to Mag. Maja Mirkovic, maja.mirkovic(at)i-med.ac.at in a single PDF file. Formal applications with all documents have to be sent to the personnel department in written form including the MUI formular (https://www.i-med.ac.at/pa/pa_formulare.html), with reference chiffre MEDI-16105 on the application and the envelope:
Personalabteilung der Medizinischen Universität Innsbruck
Bürgerstraße 2 (3. Stock)
Closing date of applications is 7 June 2017.
- Name: Mag. Maja Mirkovic
- Telefon: +43512900370801