Data Scientist (f/m) with focus on Big Data
- Informatik, Mathematik o.vglb.
- VRVis Zentrum für Virtual Reality und Visualisierung Forschungs-GmbH
We are looking to permanently hire a postdoctoral fellow to support our team with big data challenges.
- Design and implementation of big data solutions.
- Provision of big data and related statistical expertise to the existing research groups.
- Eagerness to establish her/his own research group with focus on big data analytics.
- Acquisition of external funding preferably from industry.
VRVis is a well-known Austrian-based research institute in the field of visual computing. We partner with science and industry to pursue basic and applied research in order to create innovative solutions for a broad range of data-related challenges in fields such as bio-informatics, healthcare planning, flood-risk management, automotive and civil engineering, energy production, industrial quality control, as well as cultural heritage and visual arts. We also publish our research results in renowned scientific journals and collaborate with universities and other research institutions around the world.
What we offer:
- Open-ended contract, preferably full-time (38.5 h per week plus 5 extra hours per month).
- Family-friendly, flexible working hours.
- Friendly, inclusive work environment and additional benefits.
- Minimum EUR 46.284,- gross per year based on collective agreement (Kollektivvertrag Automatische Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik) with the willingness to overpay depending on experience.
- Office location: Vienna, Austria.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- PhD-degree in computer sciences, information systems, mathematics, or a related field.
- Proven track record in acquisition of funding or established industrial relations.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manipulate very large data sets.
- Experience in Big Data analytics, i.e. analysis and/or management of complex, high-volume data.
- Sound knowledge of statistical methods and statistical testing and/or machine learning skills.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team.
VRVis strongly emphasizes gender equality. Hence, we especially encourage female candidates to apply! In case of equal qualification, priority is given to female candidates.
For more information please refer to our webpage https://www.vrvis.at/about/jobs-career/data-scientist-f-m-with-focus-on-big-data/
For further inquiries or to apply directly please contact Franziska Steyer-Beerman at franziska(at)vrvis.at
- Name: Franziska Steyer-Beerman