PhD-Positition - Vienna is calling!
- Preclinical Imaging
- Medical Universitiy of Vienna
Vienna is calling
International PhD-Program in Vienna, Austria
The Medical University of Vienna is looking for highly motivated and talented students with a passion for science and interested in working in our Preclinical Imaging Laboratory (PIL) at the Medical University of Vienna
You want to:
• Work on top-notch scientific projects in the field of preclinical in vivo imaging
• Become embedded in an international research community
• Profit from a multilayer mentoring environment
• Enjoy the multicultural spirit, culture and hospitality of Vienna
• Hold a master of science (MSc) or equivalent university degree (final degree) in a subject-relevant or -related field, e.g. biological sciences, physics, medicine, veterinary medicine or a related discipline and fulfill the admission criteria for PhD-students of the MUV.
• Have a fluent command of English (written and spoken) preferably with documented proficiency in English (TOEFL test, GRE test, or similar). The knowledge of the German language is not required, however, it is a plus.
• Provide a motivation letter explaining their commitment to science and a detailed curriculum vitae including scholarships, prizes, awards and high school degree transcripts (incl. presentations at meetings/publications if already applicable at this early stage of the career)
• Provide letters of recommendation
• Have strong communication skills as well as the ability and the ambition to work in a team
• Have the willingness to work with laboratory animals on a flexible time schedule, if required by the project
• Express their strong interest in preclinical in vivo imaging methods and working on a project focused on in vivo imaging
• Start 1st of October 2017
Applicants admitted as PHD-students are eligible to receive financial compensation for their daily work according to the rules and regulations of the funding agency Austrian Science Fund (FWF) (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/).
Moreover, they will receive full social security coverage.
The work on the individual projects will be supervised on a daily basis. Additional support will come from regular progress reports. Moreover, an individual international Thesis Committee will be formed for each individual PhD-student.
For more information, about the PhD programs at the MUW, please refer to https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/studies-further-education/application-admission/phd-and-doctoral-programmes/ and our homepage and https://radnuk.meduniwien.ac.at/forschung/pil/
To apply, please contact:
- Name: Sabine Leitner
- Telefon: 0043 676 482 63 83