- Organic Chemistry
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
The project “Synthetic bacterial analogs of mammalian oligomannose for eliciting neutralizing antibodies to the high-mannose patch on HIV Env” funded by an NIH grant is aimed at the chemical synthesis of high-mannose oligosaccharides linked to inner core lipopolysaccharide structures and subsequent conversion into neoglycoconjugates
• Applicants should have a diploma or master’s degree in Organic Chemistry or a related discipline, preferably with a background in natural product/carbohydrate synthesis.
• Strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, good background in common analytical and purification methods (HPLC, MS, NMR), a good command of written and spoken English and dedication to experimental work including lege-artis documentation is required.
• working in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding
• The position will be available from 1 November 2017 for a period of 3 years
• A minimum monthly salary of brutto € 2071 (14 x, according to the KV-regulations for B1-category)
Applicants are asked to submit their CV, detailed description of previous academic and scientific activities, a summary of the master thesis, and two reference letters to Dr. Paul Kosma: paul.kosma(at)boku.ac.at
The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences-Vienna seeks to increase its number of female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference.
- Name: Paul Kosma
- Telefon: 43 1 47654 77355
- Fax: 43 1 47654 77059