Scientist in algal ecology in running water systems
- algal ecology in running water systems
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
The Department of Water-Atmosphere-Environment, Institute of Hydrobiology and Aquatic Ecosystem Management is currently seeking a experienced Scientist in aquatic ecology with emphasis on algal ecology in riverine landscapes.
Working place is primarily the BOKU in Vienna and other sites of the BOKU.
• Development of new topics in that field at the institute, successful development and execution of research projects in basic and applied research
• Experience in conducting university courses in German and English
• Co-supervision of bachelor, master and PhD thesis
• Establishing more intensified cooperation with the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Skills and qualifications:
• A strong background in several related fields such as algal ecology, algal taxonomy, algal physiology, biochemical composition and related topics in aquatic ecology in stream and river systems
• assessment and evaluation of river restoration works
• Experience in presentations at international conferences and workshops, a number of publications in the respective field
• Skills in communication and team work in an international team
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1 lit. b, € 1.813,30
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
Please send your job application incl. a description of the research vision to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: kerstin.buchmueller(at)boku.ac.at. (Reference code: 130)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
- Name: Buchmüller Kerstin
- Telefon: 01/47654-37104