Technical Assistant (m/f)
- Biomedical Research
- Haplogen GmbH, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Haplogen is a Vienna-based biotechnology company that operates in the areas of early stage drug discovery with a strong focus on infectious diseases. Our team is young, dynamic and international and we are collaborating with top scientific institutions and industrial partners. Haplogen is located at the Vienna Biocenter Campus, one of the leading international biomedical research sites worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Assistant (m/f) in the area of Molecular and Cell Biology ideally with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Mammalian tissue culture techniques (cultivation, transfection, retroviral transduction)
• Molecular biology techniques (cloning, plasmid preparation, SDS-PAGE, …)
• Recombinant protein production and purification
• In vitro enzymatic assays
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Maintenance of cell lines
• Working with infectious material (viruses) under BSL-2 conditions
• Inhibitor screening (in vitro assays, cellular assays)
• General lab management
Strong commitment, the ability to work independently and reliably, a professional mind set, as well as an excellent team spirit are essential. Experience in the area of drug discovery and/or infectious diseases would be desirable.
The successful applicant will be part of a small and very dedicated team involved in exciting projects in the area of drug target identification/validation and early stage drug discovery.
To be formally eligible, you should have completed a Höhere Technische Lehranstalt (HTL) or equivalent, a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree. If you are interested to work with us, please send your application to Ms. Julia Vlahovic (office(at)haplogen.com) no later than February 5, 2018.
- Name: Julia Vlahovic