PhD and Postdoc Positions
- Microscopy, Quantum Physics and Electron Optics
- Universität Wien
Richard Feynman once asked for better microscopes to watch biology at work. Our Quantum Imaging and Biophysics group is working at the interface of microscopy, quantum physics and electron optics to develop new imaging techniques that offer increased sensitivity and resolution.
We are currently hiring talented master students, PhD students, and postdocs to work on one of the following experiments:
- Cavity enhanced optical microscopy for live cell imaging
- Electron multi-pass microscopy in collaboration with Stanford University (Kasevich lab) and the Quantum Electron Microscopy collaboration
- Wave-front shaping techniques for both optical microscopy and electron microscopy
You like to:
Ask questions. Think. Build. Answer questions.
You love science, and you are passionate about designing unique experiments and instruments. You have a background in physics, optics, engineering, or biology. You are proficient in English and/or German.
What we offer:
- Fully funded PhD (4yr) and postdoc positions
- A cutting edge research program (ERC starting grant 2017)
- International collaborations (Stanford University, ENS Paris, CQT Singapore,…)
- An interdisciplinary environment at the interface of physics and biology
Please inquire with Thomas Juffmann (thomas.juffmann(at)univie.ac.at), or upload your full application to https://vds-physics.univie.ac.at/admission/application-form/ by May 1st 2018.
- Name: Thomas Juffmann
- Telefon: 01/4277-72520