- 01.03.2017 / 00:01 Uhr
- 31.05.2017 / 23:59 Uhr
THE 2018 BREAKTHROUGH PRIZE NOMINATION INFORMATION
The Breakthrough Prize:
Honors important recent advancements in the categories of Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics. The Breakthrough Prize aims to celebrate the best scientific work and inspire the next generation of scientists.
The nomination process is open to anyone. Selection Committees composed of previous Breakthrough Prize laureates choose the winners. The nomination form is available at www.breakthroughprize.org.
The 2018 laureates will be announced at the Breakthrough Prize ceremony in the late 2017.
May 31, 2017 at midnight PDT
- Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences:
Up to five prizes will be awarded to outstanding researchers in the field of Life Sciences, with one of the awards specifically recognizing advances in Parkinson’s disease or other neurological disorders.
- Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics:
One prize will be awarded for profound contributions in theoretical, mathematical or experimental physics. The prize can be shared among any number of scientists.
- Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics:
One prize will be awarded to an individual making significant discoveries within the many branches of the subject.
- In addition, up to three New Horizons in Physics and up to three New Horizons in Mathematics prizes are given out to junior researchers. The New Horizons prize can be shared and each prize is $100,000.
For questions about the nomination process, please contact Rob Meyer at
Angaben zum Veranstaltungsort
- PLZ und Ort
- San Francisco
- Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
- Name: Rob Meyer