The FWF is offering extremely well qualified female scientists who are working towards a career in universities the chance of a two-stage funding for a total of six years.
The career development programme for female scientists and academics is divided into the Hertha Firnberg Programme for post-docs, which aims to support women at the start of their academic careers, and the Elise Richter Programme for senior post-docs and the Elise Richter Program for arts-based research, Elise Richter PEEK, which aim at providing the necessary qualifications to apply for professorial positions within Austria or abroad.
Highly qualified female scientists and scholars of any discipline, who strive for an university career.
- to support the academic career of highly qualified female scientists and scholars and to enhance their university career
- after completion of the program a level of qualification should be accomplished which enables participants to apply for a local or abroad professorship. ("Habilitation" or equal qualification)
- appropriate postdoctoral experience
- international scientific publications
- preparatory work related to the proposed research project
- no age limit
12 to 48 months
- personnel costs of 71,090 €
- project specific costs up to 15,000 € per year
- 2 calls a year in spring/autumn.
Next call: October 15 - December 15, 2017 (date of the postmark)
- in English
- by the FWF Board based on an international review process
- in the June Board meeting (for fall call), in the November or December Board meeting (for spring call)