- Molecular Biology of Ovarian Cancer
- Ebene 5Q, AKH Translational Gynecology Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna
- Closing Date
High grade serous ovarian cancers (HGSOC) account for about 75% of all ovarian carcinomas. Standard first-line treatment includes cytoreductive surgery and platinum-based chemotherapy. Most patients show primary response but the drugs often fail to suppress tumor growth by recurrence. Many patients die due to progression of disease. The 5-year survival rate is under 40%.
• to study molecular mechanisms underlying ovarian cancer progression
• to define genes/pathways as new therapeutic targets
• to develop specific therapies
• Forschungsbeihilfe nach MUW Schema (440€ monthly)
1 year, start in January 2018
Experimental techniques include genetics, gene expression and protein expression analysis of tumor cells (cell culture, RT-qPCR, Western blotting, cloning, fragment analysis, sequencing), IHC, IF, apoptosis assay, viability/survival assays, senescence assays.
Good basic knowledge of molecular biology, strong analytic capacity and commitment as well as interest in science.
Selected relevant publications:
• Kreuzinger C, Geroldinger A, Smeets D, Braicu EI, Sehouli J, Koller J, Wolf A, Darb-Esfahani S, Jöhrens K, Vergote I, Vanderstichele A, Boeckx B, Lambrechts D, Gabra H, Wisman GBA, Trillsch F, Heinze G, Horvat R, Polterauer S, Berns EMJJ, Theillet CG, Cacsire Castillo-Tong D. A complex network of tumor microenvironment in human high grade serous ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Oct 2. pii: clincanres.1159.2017. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-1159. [Epub ahead of print]
• Flanagan JM, Wilson A, Koo C, Masrour N, Gallon J, Loomis E, Flower K, Wilhelm-Benartzi C, Hergovich A, Cunnea P, Gabra H, Braicu EI, Sehouli J, Darb-Esfahani S, Vanderstichele A, Vergote I, Kreuzinger C, Cacsire Castillo-Tong D, Wisman GB, Berns EM, Siddiqui N, Paul J, Brown R. Platinum-based chemotherapy induces methylation changes in blood DNA associated with overall survival in ovarian cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 23:2213-2222, 2017. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-16-1754.
• Kreuzinger C, Gamperl M, Wolf A, Heinze G, Geroldinger A, Lambrechts D, Boeckx B, Smeets D, Horvat R, Aust S, Hamilton G, Zeillinger R, Cacsire Castillo-Tong D. Molecular characterization of 7 new established cell lines from high grade serous ovarian cancer. Cancer Lett. 362:218-28, 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2015.03.040.
- Main contact
- Name: Prof. Dan Cacsire Castillo-Tong
- Phone: +43-1-40400-78330