Junior Scientist (m/f) in the field of Biological Barriers
- Biological Barriers
- AIT, Muthgasse 11/2, 1190 Vienna
- Closing Date
- You work on the role of biological barriers in health and disease with a focus on the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and the blood-saliva barrier (BSB).
- You investigate the transport of potential biomarkers (proteins, ncRNAs) and biomarker sources (e.g. exosomes) across the BBB and BSB.
- You are interested in non-invasive biomarker liquid sources such as saliva and verify causal links between disease status and the presence of related biomarker molecules.
- You combine high-through put screening methods and cutting-edge cell culture models of the BBB and BSB to evaluate the revelance of biomarkers.
- You study the role of the microenvironment on barrier functionality under healthy and disease conditions.
- You implement novel methods to follow the intracellular fate of biomarker molecules.
- You support and supervise Master and PhD students in the lab, publish results in leading scientific journals and write project proposals.
- You obtain validated cell culture models of the BBB and BSB and elucidate species differences.
- You are integrated in an interdisciplinary team evaluating in vitro/in vivo correlations.
Your qualifications as Ingenious Partner:
- PhD in life sciences, e.g. molecular biology, molecular medicine, biotechnology, neurosciences, pharmaceutical sciences or a related field
- Experimental skills in cell culture (preferentially endothelial, epithelial, hiPS cells, fibroblasts), proteinchemistry and molecular biology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong sense for responsibility and team spirit
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU ?:
Then send your application documents, including certificates and photo to:
Maria Leonhard-Maurer, MSc, Head of Human Resources
- Main contact
- Name: PD DI Dr. Winfried Neuhaus