PhD position in Chemistry
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry
- Faculty of Chemistry, University Vienna
- Closing Date
A challenging and highly varied chemistry Ph.D. position is available immediately in the Faculty of Chemistry of the University of Vienna for an interdisciplinary project encompassing nucleic acid chemistry, biotechnology, and molecular biology.
Desired skills and experience:
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry or closely related field.
• Knowledge in synthetic chemistry and analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, NMR, MS)
• Experience in working with DNA, RNA and enzymes, as well as sequencing experience would be advantageous.
• Ability to work carefully and methodically with very sensitive biological materials and complex equipment.
• High motivation and commitment to basic research.
• Excellent communications skills in English and German.
The specific project focuses on the chemical, physical and biological aspects of photolithographic synthesis of nucleic acid microarrays and their applications.
Application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact data for 2 or 3 references) should be sent to: mark.somoza(at)univie.ac.at
- Main contact
- Name: Mark Somoza