• Full Time (40 h/w)
• Klosterneuburg near Vienna, Austria
• € 3,542* gross/month
The Lab Support Facility at ISTA provides scientists with centralized basic support structures that are required for efficient research work. We are expanding our services and are looking for a highly motivated individual to build up and operate support structures with focus on experimental physical sciences (chemistry, material science, and soft matter physics).
• Work closely with research groups to plan, implement and maintain central services for chemistry / material science / physics research labs
• Develop, implement and monitor laboratory safety measures (e.g., laser, radiation, magnetic field safety) in accordance with Austrian legislation and interact with authorities in German language
• Procure, maintain and, if applicable, operate facility equipment
• Provide training and technical support to users
• Coordinate laboratory construction and reconstruction to ensure efficient laboratory operations
• Conception and implementation of rules/guidelines/SOPs
• Advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in chemistry and/or material science with proven practical experience in experimental chemistry laboratories
• Thorough technical understanding and working knowledge of analytical equipment (e.g., Elemental Analyzer, thermal analysis, TGA, FTIR)
• Experience in the area of quality management, procurement and/or laboratory safety are of advantage
• Excellent command of English and advanced German skills
• Hands on mentality and service oriented approach towards researchers
• Goal oriented working style with high conceptual and organizational skills
• Excellent team player with a friendly, collaborative, can-do mindset
• Education & training
• Multiple health offers
• Free shuttle bus
• Pension insurance
Please apply via our job portal.
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
30. April 2024
Institute of Science and Technology Austria