• Full Time (40 h/w)
• Klosterneuburg near Vienna, Austria
• € 40,000* gross/year, position is limited for 3 years (extension possible)
The Feng lab aims to understand epigenetic reprogramming processes during plant germline development. To support our international research team on projects addressing basic biological questions at the interface of plant developmental biology, molecular biology, cell biology, genomics and genetics, we are looking for a new team member (the position is initially fixed for 3 years, but can be extended to a permanent contract based on performance):
• General lab and data management for the research group
• Ordering chemicals and other consumables
• Maintaining stock solutions and plant lines
• Transformation and tissue collection of Arabidopsis and Marchantia
• Genotyping mutants and transgenic lines
• Advanced experience in laboratory work (plant biology experience desired but not necessary)
• University degree in life sciences
• Good command of written and spoken English (working language), basic German skills are a plus
• Strong organizational skills and reliability
• Proactive personality with a solution-oriented approach
• Good interpersonal skills to foster collaborations within the lab
• Application should include CV, letter of motivation and contact information for 2 referees
• Education & training
• Multiple health offers
• Free shuttle bus
• Pension insurance
Please apply via our job portal.
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.
30. April 2024
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)