Senior Scientist at the Department of Organic Chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Vienna
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.02.2021 of a
at the Department of Organic Chemistry
Reference number: 11434
The Maulide Group at the Institute of Organic Chemistry is currently recruiting a Senior Scientist. The candidate should bring a strong background in amide activation, sulfur chemistry and boron photoredoxchemistry. The employment duration is limited to 6 years.
Duration of employment: 6 years
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Your tasks: Scientific support for research projects at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, especially in the domain of amide activation, carbocation chemistry, sulfur chemistry and photoredox chemistry of boron. Planning and execution of own research projects in the areas of Organic Chemistry. Publication of the research results in peer-reviewed, international scientific journals. Holding of lectures and laboratory courses according to the “Kollektivvertrag”, in the area of Organic Chemistry. Supervision of students. Participation in administration tasks and scientific management.
- A PhD or Doctorate degree in Chemistry - Publications in renowned peer-reviewed journals – Outstanding scientific and methodic competences in Amide activation, sulfur chemistry and photoredox chemistry of boron – Experience in holding supervised lectures and seminars – Experience in organising and leading advanced laboratory courses in organic chemistry – Excellent oral and written skills – Teamwork – Knowledge of university procedures and structures.
– IT knowledge – Experience in the acquisition and implementation of third-party funded projects – Experience in teaching.
Your application should include the following documents: - Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field Special research fields Importance
Chemistry Organic chemistry MUST
Educational institution Educational level Special subject Importance
University Chemistry Organic chemistry MUST
Language Language level Importance
German Very good knowledge MUST
English Very good knowledge MUST
Type of computer skills Specified computer skills Importance
Basic Knowledge MS Office MUST
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 01.12.2020, mentioning reference number 11434.
For further information please contact Maulide, Nuno +43-1-4277-52155, Emberger, Patricia +43-1-4277-52156.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Reference number: 11434
- Name: Jobcenter University Vienna