Master's Thesis in Cancer Research
- Preclinical cancer research
- Wilhelminen Cancer Research Institute
The Wilhelminen Cancer Research (WCRI) is associated to the Department of Medicine I, Center for Oncology and Hematology of the Klinik Ottakring (Vienna, Austria). The institute is led by Prof. Dr. Heinz Ludwig and focuses on the pre-clinical and clinical evaluation of novel therapeutic treatment strategies for multiple myeloma, which is characterized by proliferation of malignant plasma cells in the bone marrow. To support our team, we are looking for a highly motivated master student for 8 to 12 months starting from February/March 2021 (exact date will be arranged in person)
The successful candidate will investigate the effect of drugs on multiple myeloma cell lines. The student will be supervised; however, we expect a high level of independence and drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology
- Highly motivated and creative
- Shares our enthusiasm for investigating key mechanisms in cancer development
- Hands on experience in molecular biology and cell culture handling
- Team oriented and good communication skills
We offer the opportunity to acquire a wide range of technical skills including Flow Cytometry, PCR, qPCR, Western Blot...
Salary opportunities will be discussed during the interview.
We are looking forward to your application including your CV (which contains details of previous lab experiences and used techniques), a letter of motivation, as well as the master’s studies’ “Sammelzeugnis”.
Please send your application documents to Anja Schneller – anja.schneller(at)extern.gesundheitsverbund.at
Deadline for application 02/2020
- Name: Anja Schneller
- Telefon: 01491502165