PhD position / Signal- and Image Processing for Optical Coherence Tomography
- Informatics, Physics, or Mathematics
- Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna
We are looking for a PhD student with a background in informatics, physics, or mathematics with an interest in biomedical applications to work on a collaborative research project in the field of signal- and image processing for optical coherence tomography (OCT) with application to ophthalmic diagnostics.
The tasks of the PhD thesis comprise development of advanced data acquisition and image processing schemes for novel, next-generation OCT systems for the diagnosis of the human retina in healthy and diseased eyes. This thesis is embedded in a strong research environment and is part of a collaborative research project funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) for three years.
• Master’s degree or Diploma in Informatics, Physics, or Mathematics
• Knowledge of advanced programming languages like LabVIEW, Matlab, or Python
• Knowledge of modern data- and image processing schemes (machine learning, texture classification, neural networks, …) are an asset.
- Name: Prof. Christoph Hitzenberger
- Telefon: +43 1 40400 39224