Research Assistant (PreDoc)
- Research Group “Signal Transduction and the Tumor Microenvironment”
- Karl Landsteiner Privatuniversität
The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programs in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology and are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
Starting in July 2019, the research group “Signal Transduction and the Tumor Microenvironment” (Leader: Klaus Podar, MD PhD) offers a research position, which is limited to the duration of one year, with the potential to prolong in order to obtain a PhD:
Research Assistant m/f (Pre Doc, 30 h)
• The job offers the potential to do cutting edge translational research
• Collaborating on projects of other team members
• Extensive networking opportunities both nationally and internationally
• Writing of grants and manuscripts and presentation at scientific meetings
• Participation in the funded research project “The pathophysiologic role of JunB in Multiple Myeloma pathogenesis“
• Experience in laboratory Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology
• PhD in molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry or a related field
• Postdoctoral research experience of advantage
• Required skills: maintenance of cell culture, FACS analysis, DNA and RNA preparation, PCR analysis, DNA cloning and recombinant gene expression as well as western blot analysis, experimental planning and data interpretation
• Good English skills
• Self-responsible and reliable working approach
• Friendly and team oriented personality
• You can expect a challenging job in an internationally recognized and highlyy motivated team
• Experience working at a young thriving institution that fosters scientificc excellence and interdisciplinary collaborations
You can expect a challenging job in a highly motivated team with the possibility to achieve the academic degree of a PhD.
The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome. The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2,112. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be mailed by 30 June 2019 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (bewerbung(at)kl.ac.at).
- Name: Christina Schwaiger