PhD position in Lymphoma Biology, Medical University of Vienna
- Lymphoma Biology, Immunology, Translational Science
- Medical University of Vienna
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the team of Olaf Merkel at the Department of Pathology in Vienna, Austria.
This is a FWF funded project that tries to decipher new therapeutic approaches for the childhood lymphoma Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma. We have published about the role of the TYK2 tyrosine kinase in this disease (Prutsch et al. Leukemia 2019) and now want to shed light on the immunological consequences of TYK2 inhibition. This will involve measurement of immune checkpoint expression including PD1 and PD-L1. This project is at the interface between internal tumor drivers and the systemic anti-tumor effect of the immune system. To achieve this goal we will use state of the art techniques including single cell sequencing, phopho-proteomics, CRISPR-Cas9, gene expression manipulation and ChiP-seq.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
• Standard molecular biology methods (PCR, Sequencing, Cloning, Western Blot, RNA and DNA isolation).
• Strong background in preclinical research including experiments with cells and animals (mice).
• Lab management and organization.
• Good communication skills in English and German.
• Motivation to work in an international team.
The position is available from 1.8.2020 until 31.7.2023. Salary will be based on PhD student rates of the Austrian Science Foundation (FWF).
Application documents (motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae, and 2 letters of reference) should be sent to Olaf Merkel: olaf.merkel(at)meduniwien.ac.at.
- Name: Olaf Merkel