- Medical University of Vienna
Research Technician in precision medicine at the Medical University of Vienna (Austria)
We are recruiting a highly-motivated Research Technician at the “Staber laboratory” of the Medical University of Vienna, Department of Medicine I, Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology.
Due to the heterogeneity of hematological malignancies, it is very difficult to identify effective therapies, especially once a cancer has become resistant to standard treatments. To identify personalized resistance-breaking therapies in hematologic cancers we aim to investigate the feasibility and clinical impact of next-generation functional drug screening (ngFDS) measured at single-cell resolution and next generation sequencing (NGS) of patient material. Ex vivo and clinical drug responses will be rigorously tracked and matched to other biomarkers and patients’ genomics, to suggest a mechanism of action.
The successful candidate will work closely with PhD students, research postdocs and medical doctors at the Division of Hematology (MedUni Vienna) to investigate ways to overcome drug resistance in hematological malignancies. Techniques include tissue preparation, molecular and functional characterization of tumors, and database and lab management.
• Degree in either biology or chemistry (MTA, CTA, B.Sc., M.Sc., Mag., DI)
• Strong wet-lab experience with molecular biology technologies
• Previous experience working with primary patient material and database software is a plus
• Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of the German language is helpful
• Provide a motivation letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of recommendation
• Excellent work ethic, very good communication skills and ability to work in a team in an international environment
• High accuracy, reliability and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Mag. Denise Krainz
- Telefon: 014040073795