Master student position
- Oncology/Hematology and Pharmacology
- Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL)
Our group studies molecular mechanisms underlying tumor development. We have been working on different cancer types including multiple myeloma, leukemia and lymphoma. The current project is focused on the characterization of the transcription factor STAT3 in such hematopoietic tumors.
• Participation in the collaborative research project in the Scientific Working Group Molecular Oncology/Hematology and the Division Pharmacology (Master thesis)
• Development and application of molecular biology and biochemical methods (SDS-Page, Western blot, cloning, protein purification, cell culture, microscopy, qPCR…)
• Presentation of scientific results
• Bacherlor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
• Great interest in cancer biology and immunology
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required
• Highly motivated
• High accuracy, reliability and very good interpersonal skills
You can expect an enriching experience in a highly motivated and supportive team. The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged. People with disabilities who meet the required qualification criteria are explicitly invited to apply and are given special consideration. The gross salary for this position is € 420 per month.
Applications including a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials should be e-mailed by the 01.04.2021 to Prof. Dagmar Stoiber-Sakaguchi and Ms. Barbara Schauer (the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria; Dagmar.Stoiber(at)kl.ac.at& Barbara.Schauer(at)kl.ac.at)
- Name: Dagmar Stoiber-Sakaguchi
- Name: Barbara Schauer