Senior Scientist at the Department of Organic Chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University Vienna
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2022 of a
at the Department of Organic Chemistry
Reference number: 12019
The Maulide Group at the Institute of Organic Chemistry is currently recruiting a Senior Scientist. The candidate should bring a strong background in ynamide chemistry, synthesis of natural product-scaffolds through rhodium catalysis, amide activation and (photo)redox catalysis. The position is initially limited to 4 years and is intended for permanent employment.
Duration of employment: 4 years
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Your tasks: Scientific support for research projects at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, especially in the domains of ynamide chemistry, synthesis of natural product-scaffolds, amide activation and drug design. Coordination of collaborative projects in Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery. Planning and execution of own research projects in the areas of Medicinal and Organic Chemistry. Publication of the research results in peer-reviewed, international scientific journals. Holding of lectures and laboratory courses according to the “Kollektivvertrag”, in the area of Organic Chemistry. Supervision of students. Participation in administration tasks and scientific management.
- A PhD degree in Chemistry – Publications in renowned peer-reviewed journals – Outstanding scientific and methodic competences in ynamide chemistry, synthesis of natural product-scaffolds via rhodium catalysis, amide activation and (photo)redox catalysis – Experience in holding supervised lectures and seminar – Experience in organising advanced laboratory courses in organic chemistry – Excellent oral and written skills – Teamwork – Knowledge of university procedures and structures.
- IT knowledge – Experience in the acquisition and implementation of third-party funded projects – Experience in teaching.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation – Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given) – Description of research interests and research agenda – Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference.
Main research field: Chemistry
Special research fields: Organic chemistry
Educational institution: University
Educational level: Chemistry
Special subject: Organic chemistry
Language level: Excellent knowledge
Type of computer skills: Basic Knowledge
Specified computer skills: MS Office
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 20.05.2021, mentioning reference number 12019.
For further information please contact Emberger, Patricia +43-1-4277-52156.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Reference number: 12019
- Name: Jobcenter University Vienna