- Cell- and Developmental Biology
- MedUni Wien
Research Technician to join the Wossidlo Lab at Medical University of Vienna in the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
We are currently looking for a highly motivated technical assistant to join the Wossidlo Lab. We are studying epigenomic reprogramming in early development using state-of-the-art techniques involving epigenome editing and single-cell NGS technologies. For details on our research and group check out our webpage: https://anatomieundzellbiologie.meduniwien.ac.at/group-wossidlo. The successful candidate will be actively involved in performing and documenting experiments for scientific publications, as well as general laboratory organization and help in establishing new methods and training of students.
Requirements and desired qualifications
• Degree in life sciences (ideally BMA, but not limited to)
• Experience in standard molecular cell biology techniques (e.g. DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, library preparation)
• Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques
• Experience of handling of mice (and embryo work including IVF, microinjections) are of advantage
• Accurate documentation and organizational skills
• Joy in implementing Standard Operating Procedures
• Exceptional team player
• Written and oral communication skills in English
• Active involvement in exciting science
• Friendly team & work environment
• A flexible start date from 1st of November 2022 on
• A 1-year restricted contract that be extended into a permanent position
If you have any questions about this position, just drop us a line!
Interested in the position? Please send your application (including CV and motivation letter together with names of potential references - all in a single PDF file) to mark.wossidlo(at)meduniwien.ac.at. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward hearing from you!
The Wossidlo Lab
- Name: Mark Wossidlo