PostDoc or Junior Researcher
- Chitosan, Trichoderma, Biochemie
- FH Campus Vienna
The research group "Chitosan Metabolism" (https://www.chitoscience.com), integrated into the International University of Applied Sciences - FH Campus Wien, is looking for a highly motivated PostDoc to strengthen the team.
We are a young and dynamic group of innovative scientists - ambitious and enthusiastic thinkers will feel very comfortable in our team. Our goals are strongly rooted in fundamental sciences, with the intention to pave the way for novel applications of the biopolymer chitosan. In addition, the project deals with chitosan application in biocontrol, in vitro. The project will be conducted in cooperation with a Startup located in Austria, should integrate bioconversion process technology of chitosan from diverging origins (labscale), their biochemical analysis as well as fermentation and up-scaling strategies, if successful (https://www.chitoscience.com/kopie-von-dynamic-cell-wall-architec).
Candidates should have a PhD, a proven track record, and a very strong background in biochemistry and / or biotechnology. Knowledge of fermentation technology and additional analytical skills (theoretical), are advantageous.
Interest in working with biopolymers is of utmost importance.
Start: from 01.02.2023 - Duration: 1 years (FFG Bridge project - ChitoBSF), possibility of extension.
Employment level: 40 hours / week. According to the FH Campus Wien, salaries Euro -3700, - depending on qualifications and skills ( department is situated at “The House of Science” in 1100 Vienna at the main campus)
• Completion of a doctorate or Master or Dipl. degree and in-depth knowledge in the field of biochemistry, or a related discipline (chemical engineering, biotechnology with a strong bio-focus thus also work experience with organisms (fungi))
• Strong background in the state-of-the-art protein biochemistry, enzymology and in enzymatic reaction engineering (process R&D)
• Experience with labscale extraction protocols - novel enzymes activites etc. (bio-)analytical methods
• Experience in project management and presentations and working with partners
• Experience in publication activities as well as interest in research and work/ support with students
• Organizational and analytical skills as well as a structured way of working
• German/and or English, very good communicative skills and very good team competences
• Chemical and enzymatic Process development (lab scale) for biopolymer extractions (upcycling insect technology)
• Protein expression (lab scale), enzymological processing techniques, biochemical assays and analyzes
• Biocontrol experiments (set up provided)
• Pronounced interest in solving scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research
• Ability to develop methods and concepts as well as their implementation and evaluation
• Willingness to participate in interdisciplinary scientific conferences
• Instruction of new work group members (coordination of master's, bachelor's and interns)
• Participation and support in research projects
o Continuing development of personal and professional skills, self-organized working with flexible working hours
o Central location of workplace with very good accessibility (U1-Altes Landgut, Verteilerkreis Favoriten)
o A creative environment in one of the most livable cities in the world know as a cultural hotspot
Please send your application, letter of recommendation and CV per email to
Sabine Gruber PhD
Chitosan Metabolism Group PI
FH Campus Vienna/ Bioengineering
Favoritenstrasse 222 A-1100 Vienna AUSTRIA
- Name: Sabine Gruber