Research Technician / Lab Management – Research Groups Benkova & Friml
- Plant technology, Molecular biology, cell biology
- Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)
• Full Time (40 h/w) – limited until September 2024
• Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
• € 33,900* gross/year
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.
Groups of Benkova and Friml are international research teams studying molecular mechanisms controlling plant growth and development with focus on plant hormones. To address their scientific questions they apply interdisciplinary approaches including molecular, cell biology and genetic methods. We are looking for a research technician taking over the following tasks:
• Genotyping Arabidopsis mutants and transgenic lines
• Transformation of Arabidopsis plants
• Conducting Phenotype analysis
• Ordering chemicals and other consumables
• Maintaining stock solutions and general lab management
• University degree in a related field
• Advanced experience in laboratory work and the above listed tasks
• Fluency in English (working language)
• Strong organizational skills and reliability
• Proactive personality with a solution-oriented approach
• Team player with good interpersonal skills to foster the collaboration within the lab
• Education & training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
Interested in this position? Please send your application via recruiting(at)ist.ac.at!
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. ISTA processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.
- Name: Heidemarie Binishofer