Financed PhD position on the broad topic of heritage, Gründerzeit housing and financialization at the Institute for urban and regional research, Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Urban Studies, Urban Geography, Architecture
- Urban and Regional Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences
The Institute for Urban and Regional Research ISR (https://www.oeaw.ac.at/en/isr/home) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s largest non-university institution for basic research, is pleased to announce a call for applications for the following: A PhD position on the broad topic of heritage, Gründerzeit housing and financialization. The scholarship is tenable the Institute for Urban and Regional Research (ISR) with study stays in Austria and in Hungary but the PhD can be conducted in any European University.
PHD STUDENT POSITION (F/M/X)
(part-time, 30h per week)
This position is scheduled for the duration of 3 years.
Under the guidance of the partners of the project based at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the Metropolitan Research Institute in Budapest, you will conduct your main research in Vienna and Budapest. You will be affiliated with the Institute for Urban and Regional Research (ISR) and work closely together with partners at the other institutes and project lead Sandra Guinand.You will write an independent thesis for the project, participate in project publications, research workshops and other events, build a network with practitioners, and contribute to the project’s overall communication and dissemination strategy.
We invite applications from candidates with the following credentials:
• An excellent (research) Master’s degree in urban studies, urban planning or architecture
• Proven strong interest in cultural heritage issues and participation, skills and commitment to work in an interdisciplinary field
• Excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills are a crucial requirement
• Fluency in German and Hungarian
• Proven experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies; excellent qualitative skills, proven experience with conducting and analyzing in-depth interviews, field observations and urban analysis; familiarity with implementation of living-lab is desirable
• Familiarity with the Viennese and Budapest terrain is an advantage
We offer an exciting interdisciplinary project in an innovative environment of a scientific institution. The annual gross salary is € 34.606,85 (part-time 30h), according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Please submit the following documents as one single pdf file via Email (Job ID: ISR116DOC223) to sandra.guinand(at)oeaw.ac.at
· A letter of motivation (one page)
· a curriculum vitae (including copy of university transcript) and names and contact details of two academic referees
· Details of publications if any and one sample writing (e.g. chapter from master thesis)
Application Deadline: October, 18th 2023. For further enquiries, please contact: sandra.guinand(at)oeaw.ac.at
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply
- Name: Sandra Guinand
- Telefon: +43 1 51581 - 3542