On behalf of the Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials (ASMET) the FWF has issued a call for project proposals in the field of metals research.
Researchers who conduct basic scientific research in the field of metals research.
Goals/Purpose of the prize
- Direct funding for top-notch science and research activities on highest level
- support of junior researchers
Requirements, duration and amount of funds
The application requirements for the prize as well as the amount and duration of funding correspond to the FWF's requirements and applications with a budget up to a max. of
€ 400.000 (incl. general costs) and a running time up to 48 months may be requested.
Specific information on the call
General project costs will be increased to 10% in stand-alone projects funded by the foundation.
- Start: April 4, 2016
- End: May 23, 2016 (date of postmark)
- Applications are to be submitted in accordance with the guidelines for the programme "Stand-Alone Projects"
- by the managing board of the ASMET on the basis of the FWF's recommendations
- in December 2016
The ASMET will provide EUR 300.000 for the call. Should an excellent project that is to be funded by the ASMET exceed the latter’s financial resources, the FWF will cover the difference from its own means.
Grant proposals which receive outstanding reviews but cannot be funded by the ASMET will be handled in the FWF's usual procedures; in such cases, however, the special arrangement regarding additional general project costs will no longer apply.
Mario Mandl or the scientific project officers in the relevant specialist departments at the FWF.