On behalf of the Herzfelder’sche Familienstiftung (Herzfelder Family Foundation), the Austrian Science Fund will start the next call for research proposals in the field of biochemical/medical cell research in January 2023. Projects should aim to influence the human ageing process (prevention of senescence, prolongation of life in good health).
In particular, this call is intended for projects that address the following topics:
- Research on alterations and ageing of cells as well as search for new means of influencing these processes;
- Research on cell diseases and malignancies.
Researchers in the field of biochemical/medical cell research
Goals/purpose of the foundation
The purpose of the foundation is to promote top-notch basic research projects on par with the highest international standards in the field of biochemical/medical cell research.
Requirements, duration and amount of funding
The application requirements for these projects as well as the amount and duration of funding correspond to the FWF's requirements for its Stand-Alone Projects programme or for the Clinical Research programme.
Specific information on the call
General project costs will be increased to 10% in Stand-Alone Projects or Clinical Research Projects funded by the foundation.
Proposals in this call can be submitted and approved in combination with three ongoing/submitted projects in the FWF's Stand-Alone Projects programme, International Programmes (bilateral projects), Clinical Research (KLIF) programme and Arts-Based Research programme (PEEK).
- Next call starting in January 2023
- Applications are to be submitted in accordance with the guidelines for the Stand-Alone Projects programme and the guidelines for the Clinical Research (pdf, 337KB) programme (plus one additional application form) solely via the FWF’s electronic application portal (elane).
- Funding decisions will be made by the management of the Herzfelder’sche Familienstiftung on the basis of the FWF Board's suggestions.
Where the resources required for an excellent project to be funded by the Herzfelder‘sche Familienstiftung exceed the funding amount provided by the foundation, the FWF will fund the difference from its own budget.
Grant proposals which receive outstanding reviews but cannot be funded by the foundation will undergo the FWF's usual procedures; in such cases, however, the special arrangement regarding additional general project costs will no longer apply.