Scientists/scholars of any discipline
- Book publications: Funding for the publication and open-access publication of academic books to make them accessible to a wider public. In addition to monographs, edited volumes and proceedings are also eligible for funding.
- Digital publications: Funding is also available for new digital formats such as apps, wiki-based publications, annotated scientific databases, multi-media web-based publications (e.g., audio, video, animation), etc., to help make these publications more accessible to the public.
- Academic journals: Funding for the establishment or modernisation of academic journals with the aim of meeting the minimum open-access requirements of the cOAlition S Plan S.
Presentation of the results of internationally relevant basic scientific research
- Book publications such as monographs and edited volumes need to be applied for in modules. The FWF provides lump sum grants that include funding for production costs; proofreading and editing, foreign-language editing, or translation costs; and costs for simultaneous open access publication. The max. amount that can be requested is €22,000.
- Digital publications and academic journals: a lump sum grant of up to €50,000 as a subsidy for production costs including open-access publication
Accepted on a rolling basis, no application deadlines
By the FWF Board based on an international review process
Approx. 6 months (or 2 months for applications with Accelerated Decision-Making Procedure)