University Assistant with doctorate
- Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Structural Biology
- University of Graz
- Closing Date
Researchers and students at the University of Graz are shaping tomorrow’s world. We are addressing a broad spectrum of specialist issues and responding strategically to diverse social challenges. The University of Graz is also a place where achievement is rewarded, careers are planned, and social diversity is promoted – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Chemistry is looking for a University Assistant with doctorate.
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of July 1st 2019 )
- Installation and coordination of a platform for high-throughput evolution (ideally instrumental and computer-aided) within the working group Biocatalytic Synthesis in the framework of the Field of Excellence BioHealth
- Participation and coordination in R&D-projects on biocatalysis
- Participation in the writing of scientific articles and reports as well as research proposals
- Participation in teaching, holding lectures, seminars and supervision of laboratory exercises
- Participation in organization and management tasks
- Doctorate in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Structural Biology or similar
- Excellent know-how in the field of high-throughput analysis, evolution of enzymes for biocatalytic reactions and / or in the field of computer-aided enzyme-relevant molecular modeling (docking, MD, etc.)
- Technical versatility in dealing with modern analytics (GC, HPLC, Plate Reader) and / or robotics systems (such as pipetting robots)
- Knowledge in the field of biocatalysis
- Successful international publication activity
- International experience
- Successful project application and project coordination (desirable)
- Didactic qualification for teaching in the field of biocatalysis / organic chemistry
- Enjoy working with people in an internationally oriented milieu
- Ability to work independently
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3803.90 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: May 15th 2019
Reference Number: MB/89/99 ex 2018/19
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position. If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to: bewerbung(at)uni-graz.at
- Main contact
- Name: Personalressort