Job opportunity: PhD student, Translational Thoracic Oncology Lab (TTOL), Division of Thoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- PhD student
- Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Closing Date
The Translational Thoracic Oncology Lab (TTOL) is an outstanding research group where scientists work to gain a deeper knowledge in lung cancer and pleural mesothelioma biology and to develop novel anticancer therapies. Our research program strives to be renowned for its collaboration with our clinicians as a pathway for transferring the results of research into diagnostic and therapeutic approaches that improve the survival of our cancer patients.
The TTOL is located in the Anna Spiegel Translational Research Building (web: http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/hp/anna-spiegel-forschungsgebaeude/) of the Medical University of Vienna. Accordingly, our lab team has access to state-of-the-art histology, microscopy and cell/tissue culture and molecular biology units. The TTOL also hosts a thoracic malignancy tissue bank.
For a detailed list of our publications, see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=dome+b
Job title: PhD student, potential start date between May-July 2020
Description: We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to join our research program focused on small cell lung cancer using both in vitro and in vivo models. The position also provides the opportunity to work at the interface between basic and clinical research. The PhD student will thus be involved in collaborative efforts with our clinical stuff too.
- Minimum degree and field of knowledge: MD or MSc in biology or related field.
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques, think critically and work independently
- Candidates with a strong background in molecular biology and cell culture are preferred
- Knowledge of general molecular biology, biochemical and histology techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are absolutely required
- German knowledge is considered a plus
Interested candidates should submit a CV, a brief cover letter stating current and future career goals, and contact information for two references by email to:
- Main contact
- Name: Balazs Döme
- Name: Viktoria Laszlo