PhD Position in Organic Chemistry
- synthetic organic chemistry; glycochemistry; bioorganic chemistry
- Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna, Austria
- Closing Date
A PhD position in the field of Organic Chemistry and synthetic Glycochemistry for 3 years is available at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU): https://boku.ac.at/chemie/institut-fuer-organische-chemie-dchoc/arbeitsgruppen/arbeitsgruppe-zamyatina
The work package focuses on the chemical synthesis of novel biologically active carbohydrates and glycoconjugates, chemical glycosylation and chemical synthesis of oligosaccharides, phosphorylated and zwitterionic sugars. The project has a strong biological background and is conducted in tight cooperation with Prof. Iain Wilson (http://www.chemie.boku.ac.at/7975.html; https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8996-1518)
• Applicants should hold a Master degree (or equivalent) in Organic Chemistry (Bioorganic chemistry) entitling to embark on doctoral studies. A background in the chemical synthesis of carbohydrates/oligonucleotides/peptides or natural product synthesis is advantageous.
• Strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, good background in common analytical and purification methods (HPLC, FPLC, NMR), dedication to experimental work and a good command of written and spoken English is required.
• working in a well-equipped, innovative and scientifically stimulating surrounding
• demanding, multi-faceted, creative job within an international team
• The PhD position is funded by FWF (Austrian Science Fund). The fellowship is available for 3 years and is within the standard FWF salary range for graduates under full coverage of the Austrian social security system. Salary and additional benefits are according to FWF standards (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/#c6541) and the University Collective Contract.
Applicants are asked to submit their CV, detailed description of their previous academic and scientific activities, a summary of master thesis (max 5 pages), a photo, and the names and contact addresses (e-mail) of two academic referees directly to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alla Zamyatina: alla.zamyatina(at)boku.ac.at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Main contact
- Name: Alla Zamyatina