Postdoc in T cell biology / developmental biology
- Medical University of Vienna, Institute of Immunology
- Closing Date
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow who is interested to investigate transcriptional control mechanisms regulating murine and human Th cell differentiation, in particular assessing the role of the BTB-ZF transcription factor MAZR and its isoforms. Moreover, we will explore MAZR function during murine embryonic development. The experimental strategies to address our research interests include multi-color flow-cytometry, a variety of immunological tools, biochemical and molecular approaches, retroviral-mediated gene transduction into hematopoietic stem cells, next generation sequencing, mass spectrometry and mouse molecular genetics tools.
PUBLICATIONS RELATED TO THE RESEARCH TOPIC
• Bilic et al, Nature Immunol, 7(4) PMID: 16491076
• Ellmeier W, and Taniuchi, I. Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology. 381: PMID: 24850219
• Sakaguchi et al, Nat Immunol. 11(5) PMID: 20383150
• Sakaguchi et al, J Immunol. 195(6) PMID: 26254341
• Andersen et al, Cell Rep. 29(13) PMID: 31875552
• A PhD degree (or equivalent) in life sciences with an excellent productivity record
• Track record in molecular biology, molecular immunology or cellular immunology
• Strong motivation to engage in the project and to work independently
• Experience in one of the following fields would be advantageous (working with transgenic mouse models, skills in mouse or human T cell culture)
Being part of an Austrian Science Fund (FWF) funded research project in an international research group that investigates the molecular regulation of T cell-mediated immunity at the Institute of Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria, embedded in a stimulating and international interdisciplinary research environment with access to state-of-the-art technology.
SALARY and APPOINTMENT DURATION
The monthly gross salary will be in accordance with the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) rates: (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/)
The postdoctoral position is initially for 2 years with the possibility to extend for additional 12 months.
Electronic applications must include the following documents in a single PDF file:
• Academic curriculum vitae of no more than 2 -3 pages
• List of peer-reviewed publications
• At least two names of academic references
• Motivation letter explaining why you wish to start / continue a career in the field (1 page)
Applications (subject heading “Application for Postdoc-Position”) or questions about the open position and project should be e-mailed to: wilfried.ellmeier(at)meduniwien.ac.at
The call is open from November 23, 2021 until the position is filled. Short-listed candidates will be invited for Zoom interviews and/or personal interviews. Starting date is as soon as possible.
- Main contact
- Name: Wilfried Ellmeier