Master thesis in Translational Cancer Research
- Cancer Research, Molecular and Cell Biology, Precision Medicine
- Center for Physiology and Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna
- Closing Date
We are looking for two highly motivated and curiosity-driven master students to join our lab for one year.
The students will apply cutting-edge tools (e.g. CRISPR, in vivo work with genetically engineered cancer models, transcriptomics, FACS, high-throughput automated live cell imaging and others) to explore targets for combination therapies in lung cancer and leukemia. The projects will involve gene/drug screens in culture and in vivo followed by the validation and mechanistic characterization of identified candidates.
Uras et al. (Blood 2019); Uras et al. (Blood 2016)
• a challenging topic at the cutting edge of cancer research
• weekly lab meetings and journal clubs
• a stimulating and dynamic scientific environment with individual supervision
• financial support according to the guidelines of the FWF
The succesful candidates should:
• Be exceptionally motivated and talented
• Have B.Sc. in the field of molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, biotechnology, biochemistry or equivalent
• Previous experience in cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques is a plus
The starting point for the Master Thesis is September 1st, 2022.
Please send your application including a motivation letter and CV with references to iris.urasjodl(at)meduniwien.ac.at until July 16th, 2022.
- Main contact
- Name: Iris Uras