- Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA)
- Closing Date
• Full Time (40h/w)
• Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria – Home Office Possible
• € 42.500* gross/year
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.
We are looking for a dedicated and meticulous cybersecurity specialist to join our growing team of Information Technology professionals. In this role you will operate independently and as part of a team to ensure our software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber-attacks. You have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of computer/network vulnerabilities.
• Monitor our organization’s systems and networks for security breaches and investigate violations if they occur in a structured way
• Develop and apply security strategies for our systems, networks and IoT devices
• Conduct penetration testing to look for vulnerabilities in our environments before they can be exploited
• Plan, deploy and maintain physical and logical firewalls to protect our infrastructure
• Document configuration and security infrastructure strategies
• IT/InfoSec/CyberSec or equivalent education and/or relevant work experience
• Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software and networks
• Some hands-on experience in the fields of network security, VPN and firewalls
• Experience with common tools and frameworks for penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
• Familiarity with ISO2700X, NIST and other relevant security policies and frameworks
• Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics
• Skills of perception and QA, ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
• Excellent command of English (working language)
• Reliable team-player with good communication skills
• Education & training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
We look forward to your application via our job portal! https://onehcm.ist.ac.at/engage/jobexchange/applyBy.do?j=jobexchange&jobOfferId=ff8081817f928676017fd50083b567fb
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. ISTA processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.
- Main contact
- Name: Ina-Maria Haas