PhD position (prä doc)
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic young scientists to join our research team for the next four years as a PhD student. Our work group identifies and pharmacologically characterizes bioactive natural products, mainly in the context of metabolic disorders and inflammation.
We offer high scientific quality, very well equipped laboratories with an up-to-date scientific environment, an interesting project and an excellent working and social atmosphere within the group and the department.
The position will be available as from October 2022.
Job description: Participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- Participation in publications / academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Involvement in the organisation of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
Master or diploma degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or a similar field. Professional competence, methodological competence, didactic competence. High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing: good command of written and spoken English, IT user skills., ability to work in a team.
Desirable qualifications are:
- Teaching experience (in German language)
- Experience of working with e-learning
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Basic experience in research methods and academic writing
Application documents (in one single document):
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates
- Main contact
- Name: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Verena Dirsch