- Life science
- Vienna, Austria
- Closing Date
Proxygen’s mission is to harness the most innovative, cutting-edge technologies and know-how to redefine the limits of what is druggable. Most drugs are designed to block one specific function of a disease-causing protein. But over 80% of human proteins are not accessible via this approach and are generally considered “undruggable”. At Proxygen, we specialize in a completely different class of drugs, called molecular glue degraders. These have the unprecedented potential to tackle diseases that have thus far been considered “undruggable”.
Originating from one of the most prestigious research institutions in Europe, our irrevocable focus lies on excellence in everything we do. While being proud to be a truly Viennese company, our team comes from almost all regions of the world – with one common goal in mind: pushing the boundaries of what is druggable.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time Research Associate excited to reach this goal together with us and help grow Proxygen to the next level.
What we are looking for
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the life sciences – candidates with a TA diploma (HTL) will also be considered.
• Previous wet-lab experience, in particular familiarity with culturing and genetic engineering of mammalian cell lines, is an advantage.
• Experience with flow cytometry, chemical or genetic screening is considered a plus.
• Proficiency with MS Office and willingness to learn new software applications.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English are required.
• Excellent organizational skills, high accuracy, reliability and attention for detail.
• Positive attitude, reliability, professionalism, and team player mentality
What your main responsibilities will be
• Handling and manipulation of mammalian cell lines (thaw, freeze and culture cells, genome engineering, cellular assays).
• Planning, execution, and analysis of experiments with focus on molecular biology (e.g. PCR, cloning) and biochemistry methods (e.g. Western blot).
• Sample preparation for large-scale proteomic and genomic experiments.
• Assay development and establishment of SOP’s.
• Accurate and meticulous recording of work processes and results according to internal documentation practices.
What we offer
• Cutting edge drug discovery in a state-of-the-art equipped biotech company with a clear focus on pushing the boundaries of the druggable space.
• A young, dynamic, and highly international team that regularly gets together for company events and happy hours.
• Full support of professional development (conference attendance, courses, etc.) aligned to your individual career goals.
• Abundant infrastructure with supermarkets, cafés, restaurants, cafeteria, and a convenient connection to Vienna’s public transport, all around the corner.
• Flexible work hours & home office, possibility to work remotely.
Please submit your application including a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae with contact details of two referees to hr(at)proxygen.com in one single PDF. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please refer to „Research Assistant“ in the subject line of your email.
For more information, please visit www.proxygen.com
- Main contact
- Name: Leonora Rrahmani Ramabaja