We are looking for a highly motivated and curiosity-driven master student to join our lab for one year.
The students will apply cutting-edge tools (e.g. CRISPR, in vivo work with genetically engineered cancer models, transcriptomics, FACS, high-throughput automated live cell imaging and others) to explore targets for combination therapies in lung cancer and leukemia. The projects will involve gene/drug screens in culture and in vivo followed by the validation and mechanistic characterization of identified candidates.
• a challenging topic at the cutting edge of cancer research
• weekly lab meetings and journal clubs
• a stimulating and dynamic scientific environment with individual supervision
• financial support according to the guidelines of the FWF
The successful candidates should:
• be exceptionally motivated and talented
• have B.Sc. in the field of molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, biotechnology, biochemistry or equivalent
• previous working experience in a research lab is a plus
• be proficient in English
The starting point for the Master Thesis is January 2nd, 2024.
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter and CV with references to iris.urasjodl(at)meduniwien.ac.at until November 30th, 2023.
30. November 2023
Iris Uras Jodl