VRVis, Austria’s largest research institute for Visual Computing is looking for a skilled and creative mind!
We offer an open-ended position for a PostDoc (f/m/d) who will support our research and development of environmental simulations in the context of practical climate-sensitive planning. The results will be integrated into the software Visdom, VRVis’ simulation software solution for decision support in climate change adaptation and disaster management.
You will join our Integrated Simulations R&D-team of highly motivated researchers and software engineers who enjoy finding innovative solutions in a constructive and friendly atmosphere.
• Head the AI competence in the research group Integrated Simulations
• Accelerate simulations with data-driven and physics-driven AI in the microclimate and water domain
• Develop solutions to derive parameters from images and sensor data (photos, satellite imagery)
• Supervise PhD and Master students and publish own research results
• PhD degree focusing on AI methods in mathematics, physics, environmental engineering, computer science, or a related field
• Experience in applying AI techniques to solve complex real-world problems
• Good programming skills
• Good knowledge of English in speaking and writing; German is appreciated, but not required
• nice to have: Understanding of computational fluid dynamics or microclimate modelling
• nice to have: Knowledge of numerical schemes to solve partial differential equations
• Flexible working hours, home office option, well-equipped workplace
• Working on one of the most pressing challenges of our time, contributing to climate change adaptation and disaster management, by providing society with simulation tools for a better understanding of future scenarios and the impact of decisions to be made
• Location: Vienna / Austria, office easily accessible by means of public transport (subway U1, stop VIC)
• Salary according to collective labor agreement (IT-Kollektivvertrag) including bonus for 13th and 14th month (monthly full-time minimum: 3.455 EUR) with overpay depending on qualification and previous professional experience
• Supportive atmosphere in an inclusive team
Please forward your application documents to Franziska Steyer-Beerman via e-mail to fsb(at)vrvis.at
VRVis being an equal opportunity employer would like to counter the lack of female researchers in the visual computing field. Therefore, we highly encourage female candidates to apply.
Mathematik, Physik, Umweltwissenschaften, Informatik oder ähnliches Gebiet
31. März 2024
Franziska Steyer-Beerman (HR)