The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information-Vienna (IQOQI-Vienna) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a POSTDOC POSITION (F/M/X) (full-time, 40h per week)
in the Experimental Quantum Foundations and Applications research group led by Anton Zeilinger. IQOQI-Vienna is among the world's foremost research institutions in research on quantum foundations. The experimental research in Anton Zeilinger's group is centered around quantum entanglement, entanglement distribution via satellites, and long-distance quantum communication. The group has regular exchanges with innovative theoretical research groups, both situated at IQOQI-Vienna and world-wide. For more detailed information on research activities, see Anton Zeilinger's research group.
• Experimental and theoretical research on the forefront of long-distance quantum communication including communication with satellites
• Contributions to other research within Anton Zeilinger's research group and IQOQI-Vienna
• Communication of research results (scientific publications, talks at conferences and research institutions, poster presentations etc.)
• Contributions to science management and administration (project proposals and management, science communication, outreach activities etc.)
• Mentoring and supervision of Masters' and PhD students
• Completed studies (PhD) in Physics
• Experimental experience with long-distance quantum communication, entangled photons including higher dimensions like orbital angular momenta, precision optics and electronics.
• Extensive research experience
• Interesting field of activity in a dynamic environment
• Opportunity to work in a dynamic, international, cutting-edge research team
• Flextime arrangement
• Numerous social benefits for employees Interested candidates are invited to submit:
• A detailed curriculum vitae including list of publications
• Short research statement
• A doctorate degree, or a document guaranteeing that a doctorate degree will soon be awarded
We are looking forward to your applications in the form of a cover letter and a CV, as well as any notable certificates. For full consideration please send your application documents to applications-iqoqi(at)oeaw.ac.at (mentioning Job ID: IQOQIVIE004PD224) no later than February 15th, 2024. Later applications can still be considered, if the position is not yet filled.
We offer an annual gross salary of € 60.926,60, according on the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
01. März 2024
15. Februar 2024