At the University of Vienna more than 10,000 personalities work together towards answering the big questions of the future. Around 7,500 of them do research and teaching, around 2,900 work in administration and organisation. We are looking for a/an
Senior Lecturer (instructional teaching)
52 Faculty of Chemistry
Job vacancy starting: 03/01/2024 | Working hours: 20,00 | Classification CBA: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited contract until: 02/29/2028
Job ID: 1436
Do you enjoy working with young people, are you curious, and do you want to pass on your knowledge? As a Senior Lecturer, you play a crucial role in educating students. In addition to providing a solid academic education, we also place a special emphasis on the personal development of students. We support students in developing a curious and problem-solving mindset, thereby creating a solid foundation for the professional challenges of the next generation.
Your future position will be at the Institute of Food Chemistry and Toxicology (Faculty of Chemistry). We are an international team with research activities in the field of food safety, the occurrence of contaminants and their interaction with bioactive food components or pharmaceuticals. As a Senior Lecturer, you will mainly be involved in teaching the Master Curriculum Food Chemistry. The focus of your work will be the expert organization and supervision of the practical courses in food chemistry and toxicology. In case of a positive evaluation at the end of the fixed-term period of 4 years, the position will be made permanent.
You are actively involved in teaching & administration, which means:
- You independently hold courses to the extent of on average 12 semester hours. We are looking for people who are interested in a full-time position ( 24 semester hours) in the long term.
- You will be responsible for administrative activities, particularly in the administration of the practical courses.
- We expect you to keep abreast of the current state of science and to partake in further didactic training during the time off from teaching.
This is part of your profile:
• Completed Master's/Diploma degree in chemistry, food chemistry or a closely related discipline.
• Several years of independent teaching experience at a post-secondary educational institution
• Didactic skills / experience in e-learning
• Very good knowledge of German and English (B2)
• You are a team player with high social/communication skills.
What we offer:
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are part of an international team with an excellent research infrastructure and with interested young people who would like to learn from you.
Good public transport connections: Your new workplace is easily accessible by public transportation.
Internal training and coaching: We offer you the opportunity to expand and deepen your skills on an ongoing basis.
Fair salary: The basic salary for a full-time position is EUR 3,277.30 and EUR 1,638.65 for this part-time position. Professional experience can be taken into account and increase your salary.
It is that easy to apply:
• Academic curriculum vitae / letter of intent
• Didactic teaching concept (max. 2 pages)
• List of courses held, including evaluation reports if available
• List of publications and list of completed research projects
• Certificate of completed Master's/Diploma degree programs
• Proof of further training, if applicable
If you have any content questions, please contact:
Doris Marko doris.marko(at)univie.ac.at
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
Application deadline: 12/21/2023
Food chemistry and toxicology
21. Dezember 2023
Jobcenter University Vienna