University Assistant (PhD position)
as soon as possible
for 4 years
Department of Computer Science
Extent of employment:
20 hours per week; will be increased to 30 hours per week once the dissertation agreement has been signed
In this position you are expected to write a dissertation in a stimulating environment using the university's infrastructure. You will hold your own lectures, tutor students and participate in administration. 50% of the working time is reserved for the thesis.
• dissertation in the area of Requirements Engineering and Software Engineering
• research in the area of Requirements Engineering and Software Engineering
• student supervision and scientific publications
• administrative tasks
• ongoing training
• diploma or MSc in computer science or a related area
• good knowledge and expertise in the areas of Programming, Software and Requirements Engineering
• good knowledge of the English language
• knowledge of the German language is an advantage (teaching in the bachelor program)
• team skills
• leadership and communication skills
• please enclose a concept for your planned dissertation (max. 5 pages)
The description associated with this job duties and requirements can be found at:
The minimum gross salary (stipulated by collective agreement) for 20 hours per week amounts to € 1.639 per month (14 times)*. The salary will be increased to € 2.458 for 30 hours per week once the dissertation agreement has been signed and sent to the Personnel Department. The salary will be higher if you have worked in a similar position before. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/).
*as of 2023
We are looking forward to receiving your online application by 02.02.2024.
The University of Innsbruck emphasizes equal opportunities and diversity in its personnel policy.
The University of Innsbruck strives to increase the percentage of women and thus expressly encourages women to apply. This is particularely true for leading positions and scientific job offers. In case of underrepresentation women with the same qualifications will be given priority.
Following Austrian disability legislation, qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Programming, Software and Requirements Engineering
15. Februar 2024
02. Februar 2024