Danube Private University (DPU) in Austria is seeking a highly motivated person with a proven research background to integrate into project-based funding and to oversee the science laboratory implanted since Jan 2024 in Wiener Neustadt. The ideal candidate will have research-based skills in the area of physics, chemistry and biology play with willingness to devote a considerably amount of time to maintaining a safe and efficient laboratory environment. Supporting the integration of students and research visitors into the research environment will be one of the duties required.
• Openness to integrate project-based funding in the field of sensors and actuators
• Ensure that lab equipment and supplies are well-maintained and readily available for experiments and demonstrations.
• Manage day-to-day operations of lab, including but not limited to biology, chemistry, and physics science.
• Implement and enforce safety protocols and best practices to create a secure and controlled laboratory environment.
• Work closely with faculty to support lab activities that align with the curriculum.
• Maintain an organized inventory of chemicals, equipment, and supplies.
• Provide training and support to faculty, students and visitors on proper laboratory techniques and equipment usage.
• Stay informed about safety regulations and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
• Coordinate with relevant authorities to obtain necessary permits and certifications.
• PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related field with experience in laboratory management
• Knowledge of safety protocols and best practices in laboratory settings.
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
• High English level is a must
• Knowledge of German or the willingness to communicate in the close futyre in German would be essential
Interested candidates should contact robert.wagner(at)dp-uni.ac.at. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
DPU offers a competitive salary and benefits package for eligible employees. We refer to the personnel cost rates of the FWF, higher payment is possible.
08. Jänner 2024
20. Dezember 2023