Please note that as of October 1, 2023, the application procedure for Elise Richter (incl. Elise Richter PEEK) projects will be changed from ad personam funding to funding via research institutions (PROFI), i.e. from § 26 to § 27 of the Austrian Universities Act (UG). Starting October 1, researchers will submit their applications to the FWF via their research institution. This means that you will need to select your affiliated research institution and assign it to the application on the FWF application portal elane. Content and requirements of the Elise Richter program remain unchanged. The new Application Guidelines for PROFI mode will be available online under “Application documents” in early June. The application process for any Elise Richter proposals that researchers want to submit under the current conditions (ad personam, § 26) must be completed on elane by September 30.
Highly qualified female scientists and scholars of any discipline, who strive for an university career.
- to support the academic career of highly qualified female scientists and scholars and to enhance their university career
- after completion of the program a level of qualification should be accomplished which enables participants to apply for a local or abroad professorship. ("Habilitation" or equal qualification)
- appropriate postdoctoral experience
- international scientific publications
- preparatory work related to the proposed research project
- no age limit
12 to 48 months
- Personnel costs according to the current senior postdoc rate
- project specific costs up to 15,000.00 € per year
Via the FWF’s electronic application portal (elane).
- accepted continuously (starting from October 3, 2022), no application deadlines
- in English
- by the FWF Board based on an international review process
- generally in the March, June or November/December Board meeting