The funding program is aimed at all researchers and media owners working in Austria.
The Scientific Journals Program provides funding to researchers and media owners for the establishment or modernization of academic journals with the aim of meeting the minimum open-access requirements of the Plan S of the cOAlition S.
Additional program-specific information
Applications are being accepted for the Academic Journals program until December 31, 2024.
Funding period and funding amount
- The establishment or modernization of the journal must be completed within 36 months of approval of the grant.
- The maximum funding amount is €50,000.
- Fulfillment of the minimum requirements of Plan S of the cOAlition S
- Proof of a funding model extending at least 6 years beyond the start-up funding period
- For further details, please see the application guidelines.
Decision by the Scientific Board
Rolling submissions using the online application portal elane; program expiring on December 31, 2024
Austrian Science Fund (FWF)