The funding program is aimed at researchers from all disciplines. For details, please see the respective application guidelines.
The cooperation is intended to fund closely integrated projects in which researchers in Austria and Hungary make substantial scientific contributions, creating added value through international cooperation.
Funding period and funding amount
Up to 48 months
For international Principal Investigator Projects with Hungary, the application requirements of the FWF programs Principal Investigator Projects and Clinical Research apply to FWF applicants.
- Applications are reviewed independently by the FWF and the NKFIH.
- International Principal Investigator Projects are approved only if both organizations recommend funding the respective application based on the review process.
- Proposals are submitted online using the electronic application portal elane.
- Parallel applications for the respective parts of each project are submitted separately; the national rules of the FWF and the NKFIH apply.
- Applications must be submitted by the specified deadline.
Austrian Science Fund (FWF)