This funding program is aimed at researchers from all disciplines.
Together with selected international partner organizations, the FWF provides financial support for bilateral seminars or workshops. The program funds multiple-day workshops/seminars focusing on specific topics intended to initiate bilateral cooperation projects and prepare applications for International – Joint Projects.
Funding period and funding amount
- 2–5 days
- Up to €10,000 per International – Joint Seminar
- Applicants are limited to a maximum of 2 International – Joint Seminars within a 5-year period
- The applicant must have headed an FWF project within the past 10 years.
- All participants must have the necessary qualifications in the discipline of the Joint Seminar.
- The Joint Seminar must be held either in Austria or in the partner country.
- Decision by the Scientific Board based on a proposal submitted by the FWF Executive Board
- Prerequisite for funding: Approval of the parallel application by the international partner organization
Parallel applications must be submitted to the FWF and the respective partner organization.
Number of eligible projects
Depends on the partner country
Austrian Science Fund (FWF)