G.ST Antivirals is a Vienna-based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company launched in 2019. Our mission is to develop drugs against viruses affecting the respiratory tract, with an entirely novel approach to antiviral therapy.
We are currently recruiting an ambitious master’s student with a background in microbiology, immunology, or drug development, to join our pre-clinical research team. The position is ideal for a student that already has basic laboratory skills, who wants to gain experience with more laboratory techniques and learn to work independently. The project will be focused on developing and evaluating novel metabolic inhibitors against respiratory virus infections and virus induced exacerbations of lung disease.
Ideally, the internship would be part of a Master’s theses project with the possibility of starting work before or staying on after the thesis work. The start date is flexible, but we are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of 8-12 months. Financial compensation will be provided.
Summary of the position:
• Learn and apply a range of molecular and cell biology, virology, and immunology laboratory techniques.
• Utilize complex in vitro models of the human airway.
• Gradually develop the ability to independently design, perform, and analyse experiments.
• Assist in the development and optimization of protocols and new methods.
We are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences (e.g. biomedicine, molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry).
• Currently a student at a university or college.
• Min. 3 months full-time wet-lab experience, or 6 months part-time.
• Experience with cell culture or molecular biology techniques is required.
• Additional lab experience and know-how is meriting.
• Well organized and reliable approach to work.
• Pro-active team player.
• Work permit in Austria/Europe.
We are offering:
• Receive scientific training, while doing cutting-edge translational research.
• Broad spectrum of activities and high level of autonomy.
• Opportunity to get to know the inside of a rapidly growing biotech start-up.
• Work within a young and highly motivated interdisciplinary team ambitious to develop antiviral therapies.
• An open, international, and collegial working environment.
• Work at the Vienna Biocenter Campus, one of Europe’s major hubs for life sciences, home to several world leading scientific institutes and more than 40 biotech companies.
If you feel that you are the right person for this position, we are excited to hear about you! To apply, send your CV and a brief motivation letter to office(at)gst-antivirals.com by 15.03.2024. Please also include your earliest possible starting date and availability.
01. Mai 2024
15. März 2024