The University of Vienna is a cosmopolitan hub for more than 10,000 employees, of whom around 7,500 work in research and teaching. They want to do research and teach at a place that suits their ideas and work together towards answering the big questions of the future. You also appreciate the exchange between disciplines, cultures and generations? We are looking for a/an
University Assistant postdoctoral
52 Faculty of Chemistry
Job vacancy starting: 02/10/2024 | Working hours: 40,00 | Classification CBA: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited contract until: 02/09/2026
Job ID: 1918
Explore and teach at the University of Vienna, where over 7,500 academic minds have found a unique blend of freedom and support. Join us if you're driven by a passion for top-notch international research and scientific excellence. Ready to be part of our team? Welcome aboard!
Your personal sphere of play:
Our highly motivated team is looking for a Post Doc with experience in mass spectrometry at the Institute of Analytical Chemistry, in Prof. Köllenspergers group.
The succesful candidate will work with interdisciplinary teams (anlytical chemists, clinical, biostatistics and bioinformatics scientists).
The position is initially limited to two years, with the option of extension.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching & administration, which means:
• You are involved in research projects and scientific studies in the area of single cell analysis.
• You publish internationally and give lectures.
• You apply for projects and raise third-party funds.
• You prepare and complete a publication-ready habilitation.
• You hold courses independently within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
• You supervise your students.
• You participate in evaluation measures and in quality assurance.
• You take on administrative tasks in research, teaching and administration.
This is part of your personality:
• • Completed doctoral/PhD studies in subject Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or similiar qualification
• Outstanding dissertation
• Experience in research management and in leading project staff
• Didactic skills / experience in e-learning
• IT skills and excellent MS Office skills, dat
• Knowledge of: mass spectrometry and analysis of complex data sets ( for example: ICP-MS, LA-ICP-MS, MS-Imaging, Metabolomics, Lipidomics) is a significant advantage
o Excellent knowledge of German and Englisch (B2)
• Team player and high social/communicative skills, strong communication for data presentation, visualization and written skills
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year) increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
• With your scientific curriculum vitae / letter of intent
• With your list of publications
• With your summary of research interests (max. 1 p.)
• Doctoral Degree
• Contact details of persons who could provide referece letter
• Via our job portal/ Apply now - button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
Application deadline: 02/01/2024
01. Februar 2024