The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
The Division Water Quality and Health at KL is a member of the Inter-University Cooperation Centre Water and Health (ICC Water & Health, www.waterandhealth.at).
* Carrying out a doctoral thesis within the FFG-funded KIRAS security research project "ARISE – Evaluation of innovative molecular analysis methods and approaches for antibiotic resistance monitoring in wastewater” (project start: 01.01.2024)
* Evaluation and optimization of molecular tools (qPCR, sequencing methods) for the detection and quantification of antibiotic resistance genes and genetic faecal source tracking markers in wastewater inlets and outlets
* Active involvement in the development of efficient highthroughput analysis strategies and practical concepts for monitoring antibiotic resistance in municipal wastewater
* Cooperation with governmental stakeholders (BMGSPK, BMLFRW) and scientific partners (TU Wien, MedUni Wien, MedUni Graz, University Hospital St. Pölten, and Ares Genetics GmbH)
* In addition to laboratory work, samples must also be taken in the field.
* Completed diploma or master's degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology, or similar disciplines
* Desired: Basics and practical experience in microbiological and molecular diagnostics (cultivation,qPCR/dPCR, sequencing), water quality analysis, biostatistics
* Basic knowledge/experience in bioinformatics/R studio advantageous Interest in scientific work and in writing scientific publications
* Willingness to be mobile for sampling and work in laboratories of project partners
* Reliable and independent way of working
* Friendly, open manner and high team spirit
* Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
* B driving licence desirable
You can expect a challenging job in an internationally visibile and highly motivated team – we offer flexible working hours, home office options, a paid lunch break, health care and many other benefits. The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged. People with disabilities who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply and are given special consideration.
The minimum classification is € 2,300 (30 hrs) gross per month.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae and credentials. Please apply online at www.kl.ac.at/de/
karriere with reference to the reference number „2345" by November 30, 2023 at the latest.
Water Quality and Health, Head: Univ.-Prof. PD Dr. Andreas Farnleitner MSc
Karl Landsteiner Privatuniversität für Gesundheitswissenschaften GmbH, 3500 Krems an der Donau
15. Jänner 2024
30. November 2023
Mag. (FH) Christina Schwaiger MSc